Monday, December 17, 2007

milestone

Yesterday Peter made pee-pee in the potty for the first time. Today he made his first poopy in the potty. After he learned the sign for potty he started telling me that he had to go. My mom said that I should take that as a sign that he was ready for potty training. I borrowed a potty from a friend. The next time he told me he had to go I tried sitting him on the little potty-- he seemed afraid to sit on it, so I put it in a corner and let the whole thing go. Weeks later he pulls it out of the corner, sits on it and signs for me to undress him-- but when I came to take his clothes off he signs for me to take him upstairs to the grown up potty. I did. And he sat on it no problem-- but no pee pees came. Chris said he would have a hard time peeing in front of his Mom, so yesterday when Peter asked I let Chris take him to the bathroom and it worked! Today he was able to make it work with Mommy in attendance.

0 comments: