Tuesday, December 18, 2007

recommendation

We really love "Signing Time!"

It was created by the family of a deaf child. It has so much heart and wonderful music. Peter really enjoys it-- and actually, Chris & I do too. We found the whole series at our local library.

At first, only Chris & I were learning from the DVDs but after Peter had been signing for 3 months or so he started learning from the DVDs. I know this because lately he started signing a bunch of words that I never taught him. I can also tell a difference in the the way he watches. It's like you can see the wheels turning in his head.

I've started using some of the songs at the sing-a-long I lead at the library. Several moms said those are their kids favorite songs -- and I see them really learning the signs too.

0 comments: