Monday, July 10, 2006

house pics

I thought I just posted these thumbnails of the house we are trying to buy, but I haven't seen my deathless prose show up on the blog yet so I am beginning to fear it's lost to the ages. Damn.

This is the house we are trying to buy. We finished the first part, with the realtors, and have started the part with the lawyers. Then it's the part with the bankers and the inspectors, then the realtors again, then the lawyers. Then we might get to live there. Hopefully before school starts and I turn into a wage slave again in September.

Here's some pics. The lovely Kate gave me the idea to use this little photo collage.


We love the house and the town is going to be great. We have a guest room and space for children, so you gotta come visit when you can. There's a nice little town center within walking distance and a train that will take you to big ol' NYC mere steps away. Very civilized.

Speaking of houses, today we got the greatest old-fashioned paper postcard with a snapshot of the wonderful cottage that Ally and Mr B got for themselves in beautiful north Wales. I am awfully happy for them, and tonight I will daydream about shipping my child(ren) off to visit with them some summer, years from now. Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Ally said...

We will keep a spare room for them ...! And yay! for the new car :).