Wednesday, May 31, 2006

mango-avocado salsa

I dunno if anyone cares about this sort of thing, but since the blog is experimental anyway, let me tell you about what I made for dinner, with which I was well pleased:


avocado, ripe haas, 1, cut into small salsa-size chunks
mango, 1, chopped small. mine was mexican, not too sweet but very spicy
pepper, green sweet capsicum, 1/2, chopped small. I peeled mine but you might not bother
chili, indian-style hot pepper, 2, minced. you might want to try just 1 first.
lime, 1, juice of
onion, red, 1/4 cup or so, minced. I'd use more next time.
garlic, 2 cloves, minced or squashed in a press I suppose
cilantro/coriander, 2-3 sprigs with stems, minced
salt, plenty.

Directions: Combine in non-metal bowl. Let sit for bit.

Serving suggestion: This was great with grilled chicked thighs marinated in oil/vinegar/salt/pepper. Would like to try it with tuna or salmon.

P.S. While I am on the subject of food, let me tell Mr P. A. that I have finally taken his advice and got a big-ass Le Creuset which we use for everything now. Well, not for uncooked salsa obviously.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmm, sounds nice. I may be experimenting on some veggie mates who are coming to dinner next week.

While you're reciping, hows about that
Ziti recipe (or if you released that information would you have to kill us?) :-)

Chris said...

There is nothing in the world I would deny you sir! Just remind me when we had the recipe in question, I am sure I will remember...

Ally said...

One of our most frequent meals is a tomato sauce that I understand I owe to you ...