Friday, November 17, 2006

a night out in ... mendham?

Before I get to the baby pics, here's a nice one of my mom from our last Friday night out in Mendham. A new cafe opened up across the street from the library and Nick and a pal were providing music. We trooped out en famille (with Kim from Greenbelt too) to try the fancy evening prix fixe menu. My mom was happy because she was sitting next to her grandson, who was in a basket on the floor and didn't make a peep all night.



Grey was happy because she got to eat an entire meal without someone attached to her!



The restaurant staff were very anxious on their first big night (it felt like being an extra on Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares) but the food was much better than on most of those shows. I had sweetbreads and a steak and a nice creme brulee. Oh that reminds me, I have to call up the doctor's office and get the results of my cholesterol tests. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am envious. I have only once had creme brulee, at a rather posh wedding in a marquee. I asked whether or not it was egg custard.

See, a night out in Mendham would be the height of decadence for me :).

Chris said...

Maybe one day we can trade a night out in Mendham for a night out in Wales! I can think of few things finer.