Saturday, January 27, 2007

big week

I am blogging from my thinkhole this morning. A wiggling baby is on my lap, a jealous cat is giving me the hairy eyeball, and my main computer is churning its way through a third attempt at a windows reinstall. Yes, the computer with all my schoolwork etc on it. It crapped out midweek for reasons obscure and slightly worrying. Any other week it would have been a complete disaster but the kids at school had just begun to present their biography projects.

My work and data are safe but this means hours and hours lost to reconfiguration. On the other hand, this is a good opportunity for me to start training my son. If he can do XP reinstalls by the time he's 6 I can start making money off him.

I've started teaching my weekly class down at Rutgers, Demonstration and Technology for Science Education. That's been fun but preparation is a lot of work. I'm trying to get the students to do as much of it as possible -- conveniently in line with modern pedagogical best practice, don't you know.

I made this logo for our class website, which I am very proud of, based on the Rutgers football logo of which we've been seeing a lot lately.


Check out our class website if you are desperately bored sometime. Click on the logo to visit dtse.org.

1 comments:

Ally said...

My ex-boss' four year old could write a fairly good C++ algorithm. You go for it.