Saturday, July 21, 2007

on the road again

We are preparing for our family road trip to North Carolina. Today I hope to replace the cooling unit in the van's propane fridge, a surprisingly expensive part which is supposed to be easy to install.

I have already documented other modifications to the van to accommodate His Majesty, and yesterday I mounted a little video screen for his viewing pleasure. Wiggles vids are his favorite, but we also get some mileage out of Blues Clues and the Muppet Show.

Our early aspiration to keep his pure little mind unsullied by TV was ditched in short order when we realized there were greater developmental advantages to be gained by having parents who are not nuts.

Today's other project is to mount personal speakers on his car seat so that he can hear the video soundtrack. I also have high hopes that this might permit me to hear fewer Wiggles tunes myself in the car. For 700 miles there and 700 miles back. That's a lot of Wiggles.

OK, it's almost 7am, better post and get to work. We are also expecting a flying visit from Paula, Dennis, and Simon, driving past on their way to someone else!

2 comments:

@LargoL said...

My niece and my little cousins in Colombia are madly crazy for Backyardigans !!!

Have you seen it ?

Chris said...

I will find out about it! Thanks!