Saturday, July 07, 2007

self feeding (well, sort of.)

Yesterday was Peter's 9-month birthday. I gave him a bowl of yogurt to celebrate-- then, I stripped him and hosed him down. And the deck. It's lucky that this stage of development happened to coincide with summer.

Now Peter has been on the outside as long as he was on the inside. And he's not the only one who has been growing and changing. I've lost huge parts of what I considered to be me. I thought of myself as a type-A person. Always on time. Always the over-achiever. All of that is gone now. I believe it's part of my journey to have that all taken away from me. The latest thing is that I see the boy has inherited big parts of my personality. Now that I see them on someone else, I can see how these traits are NOT going to make him happy. But, he's mostly happy now. So, maybe he'll be the new-improved version.

For more pics and a little movie click here. I tried to capture him in the act of eating, or even playing with the utensils. However, as soon as Peter sees a camera he has to pose. Candids seem impossible. Every movie that Peter is not strapped down for ends with Peter crawling towards and grabbing for the camera. Already moving away from the tao. Poor guy.

0 comments: